Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Younger Years

Well, we kept on going on with life after being diagnosed. Once our treatments started, we began to develop relatively normally. We were finally gaining weight like we should as before we would eat and eat and eat and gain nothing. We were basically like the rest of the other kids, except that we had CF. As a youngster, I was proud of my disease. I didn't really look at it as a disease. I looked at it as something that made me special. Something I had that no one else, but my sister, did. I only liked it until it came to night time and I had to do my therapy. I didn't want to, but my parents made me. I was however only around the ages of 3-6. There were things my parents wouldn't let me do which I know were because of my CF. I could do most things, and I'm sure I could have even done those other things, but they just wouldn't let me. Oh well, life went on. I built forts with my childhood friend Nicky (who just graduated from high school actually) and we played together outside as much as we could! My sister on the other hand liked to stay inside and read books all the time. I thought she was crazy.

Well that's a short blurp about my early life! :)

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment